Having to deal with damage to your property is a stressful experience. And getting an insurance denial after paying the insurance premiums for years make it even more frustrating. But don’t get your hopes down yet! Even though your insurance claim was rejected, you still have some options available. Instead of accepting the rejection, you should challenge the decision in any way you can. If you have never done this, we are here to give you the best pieces of advice! There’s no reason for going through this process alone. Instead, accept our help and learn what do if your insurance claim is rejected.
What is an insurance claim?
An insurance claim is a formal request to an insurance company for money after an unexpected and major loss. Insurance claims protect people from financial loses after dealing with accidents or disasters. Therefore, once the claim is validated by the insurance company, the insured party gets their payment. This is what happens most of the times. However, these claims can sometimes be denied. This puts people who have already lost something worth to them in an even worse position. Keep in mind that these situations usually happen because of the most common insurance claim mistakes, such as filling the incomplete paperwork, or exceeding the time frame to file a claim.
Find out why your claim was rejected
There are several reasons why an insurance company can reject your claim. And some of these reasons you can easily avoid. Whether your insurance company has explained why you were denied or not, you have to find the time to clarify these reasons. This will tell you whether their decision was right or not. So, the most common reasons for rejecting your claim are:
- Incorrect information – as we already know, filling the paperwork is a tricky task, especially filling an insurance claim. If you gave the wrong information, it has maybe affected your claim. If you gave incorrect information on purpose, that’s a big no!
- Negligence – lack of care, such as not repairing bad installations, could be the reason why your claim has been rejected.
- No coverage for the cause of loss – find out whether you have claimed a file for damage that exceeds the price of your home.
- Liability – sometimes others can be held liable for the damage inside your home instead of your insurance policy. For instance, if an electrician miswired the outlets and that caused a fire, then his business will be held responsible.
- Exceeding the time frame – this is probably the most common reason why insurance companies reject claims. Waiting too long for filing a claim is something you should avoid at any cost.
So, what to do if your insurance claim is rejected?
Whatever reasons for denying your insurance claim may be, you have the right to file a dispute. You can do this by yourself, but sometimes it’s better to do it with the help of an insurance adjuster. Whether you decide to find one or deal with the whole process alone, here’s what you’ll have to do.
Review your claim
It’s very important to know how to file a vandalism insurance claim or any other kind of insurance claim properly. Even if you know how to do this, mistakes happen all the time. Because of this, your first step will be to review your claim and see whether you’ve made some of the mistakes that we have already listed above. Insurance claims are full of specific terminology and are hard to understand for someone who isn’t familiar with it.
Review your insurance policy documents
Insurers are very thorough when it comes to writing their insurance policies. If your insurance claim is rejected, you will want to review the policy and look whether the insurer has breached their agreement. Therefore, understanding the policy details is of utmost importance. Any kind of unregularity can be an important tool for filing an appeal. So, when you’re going through the insurance policy documents, make sure to:
- Review your rights – find out whether they have rejected your claim without cause, or maybe it’s a beginners mistake.
- Understand policy Maximus – sometimes insurers can mistakenly limit your coverage to an amount lower than they were supposed to.
It is very important to learn to determine property damage or find someone to do it instead of you. Make sure you’re familiar with the insurance as much as possible before taking further steps if you want to get your payment. However, if you feel your insurance was unfairly rejected, you’ll have to gather the necessary pieces of evidence. There is no other way of proving that someone has wronged you. This step includes gathering different things that may vary based on the situation. So, you might need to:
- Know the facts regarding the incident that has happened such as dates, involved parties, the extent of damage, and so on;
- Take pictures of the damage;
- Find witnesses;
- Document all conversations you had with your insurance company;
- Gather the evidence that will show you’re a responsible owner.
File an appeal
People who don’t know how to file an appeal can contact their insurance companies. The insurance company will provide them with the necessary pieces of information and instructions about filing an appeal. However, you should be aware that an appeal won’t guarantee you will get your payment. But hey, it’s worth a shot.
Call in the reinforcement
Dealing with these unpleasant situations is something all of us want to avoid. And you know what? You don’t have to deal with these problems by yourself. Instead, hire reliable A-Z Claims Adjusters Florida to do their magic. Insurance adjusters are here to lend you their hand in times when you feel like no one is by your side. They will represent your interest in the best possible way. All you have to do is let them do their job, and soon, your problems will disappear!